Momma Said

I took this photo ...




... because of this.




Which all started because of this.




Yep, a flat tire. A flat tire that couldn't be salvaged. And a tire so stubborn that Len couldn't free it from the car to put on the spare. So we had to tow the van.




I got to ride in the tow truck. The driver/owner kept apologizing for the looks of the truck. His better looking truck was broken. He explained what was wrong with the truck but when any one tries to speak mechanical things to me, I turn blond. I get the deer in the headlights eyes. And I'll mumble "Oh," like I understand, but I really don't.





I told him I liked his truck. I told him that his truck had character. Then I told myself that I needed to shut up.


We took the van here.




I've been using Barnard's since I came to town. It's a family run business and they give you good service.

This guy was frustrated.




He said a bad word, got up and walked away for a bit. Sometimes you gotta say a bad word to alleviate the stress. Not that I'm condoning the use of bad language.

This is the tow truck driver. He told me that he used to work for NASA and that he invented the space shuttle tile. I'm not quite sure that I believe him. However, maybe driving a tow truck really is rocket science.




Momma said there would be days like this.

2 Response to " Momma Said "

Post a Comment